26 Sep Make Sure Your About Us Page is on Point
The “About Us” page is going to be a crucial aspect of your website. This is the page where patients learn who you are and what your practice believes in. This page is an ideal way to promote your practice. However, focusing too much on you and not what you can offer the prospective patient can cause you to lose traffic. If you’re struggling to find the perfect words to describe you and your practice, a healthcare digital marketing company like Prescription PR can help you create the perfect “About Us” page.
Where to begin
This page must show who you are, what you do, how you got there, and how you can help your patients. You want your page to answer the following questions:
- What is your educational/medical background?
- What aspects of your career are you most passionate about and why?
- What are your biggest professional accomplishments?
- What are the practice’s values and mission statement?
- How will you help your patients?
The “About Us” page is an effective healthcare digital marketing technique used to help your practice stand out to potential patients. Therefore you want to ensure that you are including all the necessities, yet also showing that choosing your practice will benefit them in the long run.
Tips for creating a good “About Us” page
- Avoid rambling- While there may be a lot to add, you don’t want to bore your readers. Try to make your page less than 250 words that way you can ensure you’re keeping the reader’s attention.
- Include pictures- Add a photo of you and your staff. You want your potential patients to put a face to the name! This makes it more personable.
- Be humble- While this is a perfect place to brag about your accomplishments, it is important to remain humble and not make radical claims, such as “I’m the best physical therapist around!” because this can end up hurting you.
- Proofread- Typos can come across as unprofessional and possibly deter potential patients. Make sure you proofread and spell check your page before posting it to your site.
- Update as needed- As your practice grows, update your “About Us” page to keep your prospective patients up-to-date!
Your “About Us” page is a crucial part of your healthcare digital marketing plan. Here at Prescription PR, we can help you figure out the perfect things to say that will attract potential patients! Contact us today!