28 Jun What Sort of Social Media will Get the Best Results for Healthcare and Why?
Social media marketing has become an increasingly popular tool used amongst most healthcare companies. Not only does doctor marketing allow you to gain more awareness for your practice, but it lets you stay better connected with your patient’s. Choosing the appropriate media platforms to post your content on is crucial when it comes to creating social media accounts for a business. As the experts of doctor marketing, Prescription PR is here to give you some tips on which social media outlets are most beneficial for the healthcare industry.
Which Platform Should I Choose?
When implementing a social media marketing strategy, it’s important to understand the various social media channels and which one is most suitable for your practice.
One of the most highly utilized social media platforms in the healthcare industry, and in the business world in general, is Facebook. Not only is it an integral part of the way people conduct business but it has completely transformed brand awareness. Facebook users can like, recommend, and share practice pages, allowing you to reach new consumers on a daily basis. The overall purpose of Facebook’s business page design is to:
- Increase Brand Awareness
- Increased engagement and interaction with patient’s
- Help boost local SEO
With nearly 1.3 billion users, Facebook has become the mecca of social media for businesses, especially when it pertains to the healthcare industry. Facebook offers an incredibly descriptive form of targeting that allows businesses to pinpoint various segments such as age, gender, interests, income, and geolocation. With all these options readily available for businesses to utilize, it makes Facebook the optimal choice for practices in the medical field.
Tips for Facebook Marketing
- Create a business profile
- Make sure your contact information is readily available and it is up-to-date
- Have someone take on the role of managing the Facebook account
- Keep posts engaging, concise, and consistent with your brand and medical specialty
- Make sure to respond quickly to notifications and patient engagement
This is another platform that is utilized greatly amongst practices and healthcare professionals. The main goal of business marketing on LinkedIn is to:
- Optimize digital networking with fellow practices, colleagues and patients
- Share related news pertaining to the medical field
- Boost local searches and targeting for potential patients
LinkedIn was originally created for the purpose of B2B marketing, making it a great platform for any practice in the healthcare industry. Not only does it allow you to find potential patients, but it also helps a practice build relationships within the medical community.
Tips for LinkedIn Marketing
- Create a practice profile
- Curate unique and consistent content postings
- Utilize LinkedIn groups
- Take advantage of your target search capabilities
Instagram is one of the fastest-growing platforms available, with nearly 800 million active users. Being that this platform is so heavily reliant on imagery and video content,
healthcare practices have been able to highlight and promote various procedures, practices, and results. This makes it an optimal place for surgeons, dentists, physical therapists, weight loss clinics, chiropractors, dermatologists, and medical spas to post visuals and engage with their patients on a daily basis.
Tips for Instagram Marketing
- Assign someone to create and manage the business profile account
- Monitor interactions with users and offer quick response times
- Customize your graphics
- Post daily and be consistent with your content
- Day-to-day interactions with new and existing customers
- Target local or new patient leads
The interactive aspects of Instagram lends itself to be more of a creative environment and can allow your practice to appeal to potential patients on a much more casual basis. By optimizing the uses of Instagram marketing, you can reach and target current or potential patients even easier.
As previously stated, choosing the right social media platform is key when utilizing this form of digital marketing. Not only is this decision critical, but it’s also important to stay consistent with your content. If you’ve been wanting to incorporate doctor marketing for your medical practice and aren’t sure how to go about it, contact us at Prescription PR. We specialize in creating tailored social media campaigns for healthcare practices. If you would like to learn more about how an integrated social presence can benefit your practice, contact us on our website today!